php code scanner-rips
Hi Techrunnr readers, this document deals with how to install php code scanner rips.
RIPS is an open source static code analyzing tool for automatic detection of security vulnerabilities in PHP. It’s easy to install and do the test.
Here are the features of RIPS Code scanner
- detect XSS, SQLi, File disclosure, LFI/RFI, RCE vulnerabilities and more
- 5 verbosity levels for debugging your scan results
- mark vulnerable lines in source code viewer
- highlight variables in the code viewer
- user-defined function code by mouse-over on detected call
- active jumping between function declaration and calls
- list of all user-defined functions (defines and calls), program entry points (user input) and scanned files (with
- includes) connected to the source code viewer
- graph visualization for files and includes as well as functions and calls
- create CURL exploits for detected vulnerabilities with few clicks
- visualization, description, example, PoC, patch and securing function list for every vulnerability
- 7 different syntax highlighting color schemata
- display scan results in form of a top-down flow or bottom-up trace
- the only minimum requirement is a local web server with PHP and a browser (tested with Firefox)
- regex search function
Follow the instructions to install RIPS.
1. Install Apache web server
2. Download rips
3. Move downloaded file to /var/www/html
4. Now open browser and type
You will see below output.
5. Mention your code path and start scanning
© 2018, Techrunnr. All rights reserved.