install zabbix server in ubuntu 16.04
Hi techrunnr Reader, this document deals with how to install zabbix server in ubuntu 16.04.
Zabbix is an open source monitoring software tool for diverse IT components, including networks, servers, virtual machines, and cloud services. Zabbix provides monitoring metrics, among others network utilization, CPU load and disk space consumption
1. Install the PHP packages
2. By default, ubuntu repository comes with an outdated version of Zabbix. So here we are downloading 3.2 version of Zabbix and adding the repository.
3. Update the repository
4. Install Zabbix server, frontend and Zabbix agent
5. Install MySQL server
6. Create the database for Zabbix server
7. Import the default schema to a newly created database.
8. Update the database in Zabbix configuration file.
9. update timezone in the php.ini file.
10. Now restart Apache to apply these new settings.
You can now start the Zabbix server.
Then check whether the Zabbix server is running properly:
11. Now access Zabbix web UI.
12. Validate all prerequisites.
13. Configure the database.
14. Enter the Zabbix server details,
Host is your Zabbix server IP address
15. Preinstallation Summary
16. Perform the installation
17. Once you done with installation login Zabbix Web interface using username: Admin and Password: zabbix
Now you have completed with the setup of Zabbix server in ubuntu
18. Check the other document for how to configure Zabbix agent and start monitoring
© 2018, Techrunnr. All rights reserved.