HI all, this document helps you how to wipe your system data secure.
There are certain cases you need to sell or decommission HDD. Sometimes you might have stored some important data in the disk. So before that, you might need to wipe the data securely. So here we are using random digits which writes on the disk.
Here is the step which I have followed before reselling my laptop.
1. Boot the live CD
2. Select try ubuntu while booting rather than installing
3. Once ubuntu is fully loaded, open the terminal from the search bar
4. execute the below command to run the commands as a root user
5. Execute the below command to identify the HDD.
It may show multiple disks with USB bootable disk also, so identify the disk based on size
Below is the sample output
6. Note down the disk name /dev/sdXX
7. execute the below command to wipe the disk
replace X with the target drive letter.
© 2020, Techrunnr. All rights reserved.