Good online security Habits1 min read
As there is huge increase in online technology, cyber crime also increasing with respect to that. Now most of the organisations are taking security measures for preventing malicious software and file line ransomware. I have create a article on how ransomware works ? you can check it on the link if you have missed it. Here is few good online security habits.
- Backup, Backup, Backup!
- Do not open attachments if you do not know who sent them.
- Do not open attachments until you confirm that the person actually sent you them,
- Scan attachments with tools like VirusTotal.
- Make sure all Windows updates are installed as soon as they come out! Also make sure you update all programs, especially Java, Flash, and
- Adobe Reader. Older programs contain security vulnerabilities that are commonly exploited by malware distributors. Therefore it is important to keep them updated.
- Make sure you use have some sort of security software installed.
- Use hard passwords and never reuse the same password at multiple sites.
- If you are using Remote Desktop Services, do not connect it directly to the Internet. Instead make it accessibly only via a VPN.s