build highly available ELK stack
Hi Techrunnr Readers, this document deals with how to build highly available ELK stack.
Here I will show you how to setup High availability for kibana with apache.
Kibana is an open source data visualization plugin for Elasticsearch. It provides visualization capabilities on top of the content indexed on an Elasticsearch cluster. Users can create bar, line and scatter plots, or pie charts and maps on top of large volumes of data.
Kibana 1: 192.168.10.9
kibana 2: 192.168.10.10
Apache 3: 192.168.10.11
1. Login to each Kibana server and download the kibana package
3. configure kibana to fetch indexes from Elastisearch
where it’s your kibana machine IP.
change elasticsearch.url IP to elastic search HAproxy server IP address
4. Now start the kibana
Now install apache for configuring reverse proxy.
1. Install apache
2. Create a htuser for kibana authentication
3. Configure apache for failover
4. Restart the apache service.
Now you have completed HA for kibana and ELK stack.
© 2018, Techrunnr. All rights reserved.