block malware using squid proxy1 min read
block malware using squid proxy
Hi Techrunnr Readers, this document deals with how to block malware using squid proxy.
Squid proxy is one of best opensource web proxy which has access control, caching for reducing bandwidth. It does web content filtering. Here are adding how to block malware using malware patrol.
* Running squid server, if not installed follow this link
* Account in Malware patrol for updated malware lists.
1. Copy the URL of malware list by logging to Malware Patrol.
2. Create a script for downloading the latest malware lists.
save and exit.
3. change the permission of the script
4. Configure squid proxy create ACL for blocking the malware.
5. Add the script in crontab to download the latest malware list from malware patrol.
That’s it, now you have completed configuring squid proxy with malware protection